Daylight Saving Time begins at 2:00am on Sunday, March 8. Remember to set your clocks forward one hour.
Spring Term Registration is open for all new and returning students.
Last day to withdraw from winter term classes is March 6.
UCC Foundation Scholarships. The UCC Foundation Scholarship Application deadline is almost here - March 9! The application can be found at the following link http://www.umpqua.edu/scholarships . Need help with your scholarship applications? On March 3, TRiO will be hosting a Scholarship Boot Camp from 9am-Noon in the Student Lounge in the Student Center. Transfer Opportunity Staff and students will help with personal statements, activity charts, transcript procurement, FAFSA confirmation. Open to all students.
Tax Preparation Assistance
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide offers free, individualized tax preparation for low-to moderate-income taxpayers - at more than 5,000 locations nationwide. To find a location near you in Douglas County, visit http://tinyurl.com/aarpdouglascounty.
Scholarship Boot Camp from 9am-Noon in the Student Lounge in the Student Center. Get help with your UCC Foundation Scholarship application. Transfer Opportunity staff and students will help with personal statements, activity charts, transcript procurement, FAFSA confirmation. Open to all students.
Umpqua Chamber Orchestra and UCC Chamber Choir Concert at 7:30pm at First Presbyterian Church. Admission is at the door and is $7/person, $15/family. For more information contact 541-440-4691.
Celebrate What Makes You Unique – Diversity Week - From 11am-1pm in the Student Center
- Monday, March 3 – Disabilities Awareness, featuring the Ted Talk “From Where I Sit” at Noon in the Cafeteria
- Tuesday, March 4 – UCC and the World, featuring “Liberty In North Korea” at Noon in the Cafeteria
- Wednesday, March 5 – ASUCC for Campus Unity
- Thursday, March 6 – Women, featuring the documentary “Miss Representation” at 3pm in the Cafeteria
- Friday, March 7 – LGBTQ, featuring the documentary “Bullied” at Noon in the Cafeteria
Citations Workshop – from 5:30-6:00pm in the Library Group Study Room. Learn how to save time with MLA and APA! Export citations, cite obscure sources and use NoodleBib. Bring your questions!
Live! All Request Dance Party! With “Ruth and the Reason” a modern tribute to classic soul music – from 7-10pm in the UCC Student Center. Admission is at the door and is $10/person, $5/student. For more information contact 541-440-4691.
Oregon One-Acts. A High School Short Play Competition – starting at 1pm in Jacoby Auditorium. The event is FREE; donations will be accepted at the door.
A video preview of Kiss Me Kate – the main stage production for the 2015 Oregon Musical Theatre Festival – with OMTF Director Troy Pennington – at 7pm in Centerstage Theatre. Admission is FREE.
New England Capstone Dinner from UCC Culinary Arts at 6pm in the River Rush Bistro. A four course meal for $18. Tickets and menu information available at http://tickets.umpqua.edu
Study-In in the UCC Library from 10am-4pm. Study, eat, relax, study some more. Tutors available all day.
Campus Club Meetings
This information will be updated as clubs provide their meeting times
- Bible Study Club meets Friday at Noon in the Cafeteria
- Debate Club meets Friday’s at Noon in Sny 18
- Drama Club meets Thursday’s at 11:30am in Whipple Centerstage
- Engineering Club meets Friday’s at Noon in JH 17
- Environmental Sustainability Club meets Wednesday’s at 3pm in SCI 16
- Geology Club meets the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month at 3:15pm in SCI 16
- Gay Straight Alliance meets on Wednesday at 4pm in JH 18
- Mainstream Newspaper meets Wednesday’s and Thursday’s at 12:30 in TC 103
- National Student Nursing Association meets Monday’s and Thursday’s; check in the ASUCC offices for time and location
- Phi Theta Kappa meets Friday’s at Noon in ESB 9
- Veteran’s Club meets Wednesday’s at Noon in the Veterans Center
- Wrestling Club meets Friday’s at 4pm in PE 14.
Need for Jeans. Every pair counts. A Small Group Communications Class project. The student project team is seeking gently used jeans for the Roseburg Dream Center. Collection bins are located in the Student Center.
Bookstore Reminders. Students who rented books this term, please remember that book rentals must be returned by March 19th to avoid late and lost fees. Book buyback will be March 18th and 19th from 8:30am to 3:30pm in the Student Center Lobby. Looking for a new clothing item? “I am UCC” t-shirts are available in the Bookstore for $12.99.
RiverRush Bistro. For those of you who feel like you missed out on an opportunity, have no fear. The SPAM menu is back at the Bistro. For the next three Wednesdays, the Bistro will offer the SPAM menu as well as its regular menu. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to try the wonder meat of the 20th century. Come out and try something delicious.
UCC Student Open Computer Labs. Open labs are open to UCC Students to provide access computers and printers other than in the Library. Students can use www.umpqua.edu/ucc-labs to view an online snapshot countdown, to see the next or current open lab. A weekly view of the open labs is available online at www.umpqua.edu/ucc-open-labs.