October 22 : 11am-2pm – UCC Job Fair 2014 in the Student Center. The job fair will feature local employers who are both hiring and getting the word out about the businesses. This is a great opportunity to meet and greet and to apply for jobs, so dress for success! Questions? Please contact Ben Horvath in the Job Placement Office at 541-440-7797.
October 22 : 5:00pm – DIG PINK Night with UCC Women’s Volleyball vs Multnomah University in the PE Complex Gym. All proceeds will benefit a local cancer program.
October 23 : 11am – National Theatre Live performance of Skylight in Whipple Fine Arts Centerstage Theatre. This is a LIVE performance broadcast from London via satellite. Tickets are $12. Encore (previously recorded) performances on Friday and Saturday October 24 and 25 at 7pm and Sunday October 26 at 2pm. For more information, please visit tickets.umpqua.edu.
October 24 : Noon-1pm – Domestic Violence Awarenesspanel presentation in Jacoby Auditorium Lobby. Panelists include Sami Gloria (BPA), Lisa Thompson (DA’s office), Joe Kaney (RPD) and Tania Welikala (S.A.F.E. Project). October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month.
October 28, 10am-3pm and October 29, 10am-4pm : Red Cross Blood Drive in Jacoby Auditorium Lobby. Please contact Joel Wylam, ASUCC Student Ambassador at 541-440-7873 to schedule a donation appointment.
November 7 : Wildlife Safari Night - UCC Women’s Volleyball vs. Linn-Benton CC at 6pm in the PE Complex Gym. Staff and a “guest” from Wildlife Safari will be presenting during half-time. Proceeds will benefit the Elephant Waterhole project at Wildlife Safari.
November 8 : UCC Women's Volleyball vs Chemeketa CC at 1pm in the PE Complex Gym.
or call 541-440-7873.
Campus Club Meetings:
This information will be updated as clubs provide their meeting times
- ASUCC Student Leadership Team meets every Monday at Noon in the Board Room in the Administration Building. Students are welcome to attend!
- Debate Club meets every Friday at noon in Snyder Hall, room 18.
- Drama Club meets every Tuesday at 12:15 in Whipple Fine Arts Centerstage
- Engineering Club meets every other Tuesday at 2:00 in JH 15; next meeting is October 28
- Phi Theta Kappa meets every Wednesday at Noon in Lockwood Hall, room 2.
- Spanish Club meeting meets beginning Tuesday, October 21 at Noon in Snyder Hall 10
- UCC Veterans Club meets Wednesday at Noon in the Veterans Center. Interested in supporting the Veterans’ Club? Purchase a Papa Murphy coupon card for $5 – available at the Student Center Information Desk.
Writing Instructors available to help students with their essays, reports or any other writing assignments. The writing instructors will be available in the Writing Lab, located i the UCC Success Center (ESB 15). Helen Laurence is available on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:30am to 11:30am and Andrew Madaus is available on Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. In addition to the writing instructors, the center also has peer tutors available to assist with the writing concepts and paper formatting. Please visit the center for a copy of the peer tutor writing schedule. When utilizing the Writing Lab or student tutors we ask that students bring a copy of any drafts of their paper, any related assignments or handouts, class syllabus and course textbook if available. This resource is available to students free of charge.