Umpqua Community College provides life-changing education in Douglas County, Oregon. This has enriched the lives of generations, fulfilling the hopes entrusted by the community when the institution was founded. Today, UCC is an engaged, dynamic campus, where learners of all ages create new futures for themselves and their communities.
Enrollment | 2015-16
- Total unduplicated headcount – 14,556
- Full-time equivalent (FTE) – 2,943
- Headcount of credit students – 3,059
- Full-time – 711
- Part-time – 2,348
- Community Education – 9,931
Degrees Earned | 2015-16
Health, Nursing, and Science Center
- The new Bonnie J. Ford Health, Nursing, & Science Center (HNSC) complements our core educational strengths, allows us to supply graduates to fields that have need and provides facilities that promote quality teaching and learning.
- Danny Lang Teaching, Learning, and Event Center - With its spectacular views and elegant interiors, the Lang Center is the perfect setting for conferences, business meetings, weddings, and fundraising events. It is also home to the Southern Oregon Wine Institute, the first viticulture and enology program in Oregon outside the Willamette Valley.
- Ford Childhood Enrichment Center - This on-site childcare center provides a training lab for UCC students and a critical service for student-parents. Children range from six weeks to 12 years old.
- Fine and Performing Arts Centers - UCC boasts several venues, including the Jacoby Auditorium, Centerstage Theatre, and the Swanson Amphitheatre, for plays, live music, performances, and cultural events. In addition, the campus Art Gallery highlights emerging regional and national artists.
UCC is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities, and the Oregon State Board of Education.
Our Board of Trustees
Our Students | 2015-16
- Average Age of Credit Students – 27
- Average Age of Non-Credit Students - 38
- Female – 56.6%
- Male – 43.4%
- President’s List Honorees – 277 per term
Top Five Transfer Majors
- AAOT - Associate of Arts, Oregon Transfer
- AAOT-NUR - Nursing (Pre)
- AGS - General Studies
- AAOT-EMT - Emergency Medical Technician
- AS-CS - Computer Science
Top Five Career and Technical Majors
- AAS-HS - Human Services
- AAS-CJ - Criminal Justice
- AAS-MGMT - Entry Management
- AAS-CIS - Computer Information Systems
- AAS - Automotive Technology
Umpqua Community College serves its students by offering the lowest tuition in the state’s two-year college system.
- Athletics - UCC is a member of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) and competes regionally in women's volleyball, and men’s and women’s basketball, wrestling, cross country, and obstacle course racing.
- Music, Theatre, Fine Art - UCC’s performance opportunities for students and community musicians include a vocal jazz ensemble, chamber choir, chamber orchestra, and jazz band. For theater buffs, UCC produces a new play every fall, winter, and spring. UCC is also home to an Art Gallery where student Art is often on display along with regional exhibits.
- Newspaper - The Mainstream is UCC’s hard-hitting, award-winning student newspaper. With both online and print versions, the newspaper features student journalism.
- Campus Clubs - Active clubs at UCC include Business and Entrepreneurship, Debate Club, Drama Club, Engineering Club, Nursing Club, Phi Theta Kappa, Skills USA, Veterans Club and others.