Campus security coverage is maintained weekdays by four full-time security officers and weekends by three part-time security officers. All are trained and certified in accordance with the Oregon Department of Public Safety Standards and Training (DPSST) guidelines.
In addition to providing a safe working and learning environment, Campus Security enforces traffic and parking regulations, promotes crime prevention, and secures the college's buildings and facilities. Excellent communication with law enforcement agencies, particularly the Douglas County Sheriff's Office, is also maintained. Information relating to campus crime is collected annually and available upon request.
Security staff may be contacted 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by calling 541-440-7777 or 7777 from any campus extension.
- First aid for basic injuries. For life-threatening emergencies, dial 911 and then notify the Campus Security Office, dial 541-440-7777.
- Lost-and-found service, Monday through Friday, located in the Warehouse building.
- College-issued keycards and keys issued.
- Staff, student, and special parking permits issued.
- Personal safety escort (a security officer will accompany you to your vehicle).
- Public safety communication systems.
- Electronic alarm systems maintained throughout the facilities to detect fire and break-ins at various locations.
- The UCC Safety Committee makes frequent routine campus safety inspections and corrective recommendations when necessary.
- The UCC Safety Committee meets once a month.
Reporting a Crime
Dial 911 from any campus phone
Director of Safety and Security 541-440-7777
Campus Security Office 541-440-7777