The Paul Morgan Observatory (PMO) is designed to provide onsite and online viewings of the sun and night sky and is the only public observatory in southern Oregon, and is the only all-digital observatory in the Northwest.
Outdoor Viewing Events
Star Party Viewing Events
- Oct 5, 6:00 p.m.: Southern skies
- Oct. 13, 8:00 p.m.: Nebula, star clusters and planets
Annular Solar Eclipse Viewing Party
- The Ring of Fire: Watch as the Moon creates a fiery ring around the Sun, leaving a glowing halo in the sky.
- Unique Shadows: Witness the peculiar crescent-shaped shadows on the ground, creating a stunning natural spectacle.
- Changing Colors: Observe the shifting colors of the landscape as the sunlight dwindles
Outdoor events: Cloudy or clear, we will have an event. Only rain will cause us to cancel. Park in the lower lot at the Technology Center and walk uphill. Please arrive early for handicapped parking available at the top of the hill. Admission is free.
The observatory also provides outreach to schools and other groups online and provides onsite tours.
The Paul Morgan Observatory was designed and built by UCC professor Dr. Paul Morgan in 2016 as part of the beginning astronomy program and community outreach. It provides onsite and online viewings of the Sun and night sky, is the only public observatory in southern Oregon, and is the only all-digital observatory in the Northwest.