The College Affordability and Transparency Center is a helpful resource to assist prospective students in determining the affordability and value of higher education institutions. Students may use the College Scorecard to find comparative information in order to make informed decisions when choosing an institution. The information is based on different variables and can be confusing to interpret. UCC’s College Scorecard data reflects an economic period when students requested federal loan aid at a rate much higher than today (more loans leads to a higher cost of education). The cost of education at UCC remains competitive in serving our residents of Douglas County. Visit the College Affordability and Transparency Center.
Every effort is made to ensure accuracy of the information below. However, the college reserves the right to make changes without prior notice.
Oregon Resident, Out-of-State, International Students
|Tuition per credit * # ^||$115.00|
|Student Resources fee per credit
(Athletic Fee, Student Activity Fee, Student Fee for SUCCESS program and Technology Fee)
|Legacy fee per credit||$8.00|
|Instructional fee per credit||$7.00|
|Total tuition and fees per credit||$151.50|
*Tuition guarantee rates will apply
Tuition per Credit
- Credit registration fee per term – $0 full-time students / $25 part-time students
- Proctored test – $18/hour
- Placement Assessments
- Retest fee – ACCUPLACER (reading or writing) – $6
- Retest fee – ALEKS (math) – $15
- Return check/stop payment charge fee – $35
Other fees vary from class to class. Fee charges can be found in by navigating the class schedule page to the “Online Class Scheduler”, selecting the department title, and clicking on the title of each class.
* Umpqua Community College will provide free tuition to the dependents of fallen Oregon United States military personnel who died while participating in operations as part of the Global War on Terrorism. For further clariﬁcation, see policy 5136 on the board policy page.
# All Veterans and their eligible dependents pay in-state tuition rates in compliance with Section 702 of the Choice Act and its addendum.
^ Under Oregon state law, students who are residents of Washington, Idaho, Nevada and California pay Oregon resident tuition rates.
Gold Card Discount
Douglas County Residents who are seniors (age 60+) and/or persons who are disabled and receive Social Security Disability as a result of that disability may become members of the Gold Card Program.
- 50% discounts on credit course tuition and pay 100% of fees.
- 20% discount on selected Community and Workforce training classes.
- Free admittance to UCC fitness facilities during open hours.