Maintain Financial Aid Eligibility

To receive federal student aid, a student must:

  • Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen
  • Have a valid Social Security Number
  • Register with Selective Service if you were born male and 18 to 25 years of age (go to for more information)
  • Have a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a GED certificate or completing a high school education in a home-school setting approved under state law
  • Be admitted and enrolled in an eligible degree or certificate program at UCC
  • Not have a drug conviction for an offense that occurred while you were receiving federal student aid (such as grants, loans, or work-study)
  • Not owe an over-payment on a federal grant or be in default on a federal student loan
  • Demonstrate financial need (A Stafford Unsubsidized Loan is the exception)
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress
  • Not be enrolled simultaneously in a high school diploma completion program

A student cannot receive more need-based aid than it costs to attend college

Examples of need-based aid at UCC are:

  • Oregon Opportunity Grant (OOG)
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
  • Federal Work-Study (FWS)
  • Federal Direct Loans (Subsidized & Unsubsidized)

Some aid programs are limited, so apply early. The date students apply for financial aid can affect their offer.