Benefits and Professional Development
Umpqua Community College offers a comprehensive benefit package to eligible employees that includes a generous employer contribution towards health insurance, long term disability, and life insurance. It includes:
- Medical Insurance (includes college contribution towards monthly premiums)
- Dental Insurance (includes college contribution towards monthly premiums)
- Vision Insurance (includes college contribution towards monthly premiums)
- $30,000 Basic Life & AD&D Insurance (employer paid)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off : includes vacation, personal, and sick leave
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition waiver for employee, spouse and eligible dependents
- Employee Assistance Program
- Oregon Public Service Retirement Plan (PERS)
Optional Benefits including:
- Oregon Savings Growth Plan 457(b)
- Various 403(b) and Tax-Sheltered Annuity Plans
- Section 125 plan (Flexible Spending)
- Personal Short-Term Accident & Disability, additional Life Insurance and Cancer Insurance plans
Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
Benefits by Employee Classification
Oregon Educators Benefits Board News and Events
OEEB January 2022 Recording of Events (in case you missed them!)
OEEB March News and Events (topics include "Upper Back and Shoulders" and "Cutting Back on Sugar")
OEBB May News and Events - May is Mental Health Awareness Month
Sustained professional growth is the cornerstone of institutions of higher education. UCC provides faculty, classified staff, and administrators with appropriate opportunities and support for professional growth and development.
Internal UCC professional development opportunities are available to all faculty and staff, synchronously and asynchronously, are free of charge, and can be selected at will. Annual Kick-Off Week offers instruction and personal growth opportunities for all employees. In-Service for faculty occurs twice per year, although the term requirement may fluctuate. Topics such as instructional methodology, assessment, and policy reviews are presented. Teaching and Learning Summits for faculty are offered at varying times throughout the academic year.
Academic area deans oversee teaching and learning (in collaboration with the Teaching and Learning Committee), faculty and program promotion, supervision and evaluation, and academic assessment. UCCOnline offers virtual professional development opportunities to all employees throughout the year with sessions that include course development and incorporation of technology into virtual and on-campus classrooms. UCC’s Library staff offer a variety of workshops and tools for faculty, at no charge.
External professional development opportunities are encouraged campus-wide, within collective bargaining agreements, and in announcements circulated through The Nest. Funding opportunities are available for professional development funding processes. Professional Development funding requires an application and approval process to ensure alignment with UCC’s overall mission, vision, values, and Strategic Plan.
Full Time Faculty Professional Development Guidelines and Application
Administrative Staff Professional Development Guidelines and Application