"I knew I had made the statement that I would come back and teach, but I really didn't expect anybody to remember that! Imagine my surprise!?"Read more ...
“Furthering my education really helped me get to where I am today. I use everything I have learned."Read more ...
The Case Aide certificate provides a student an introduction to the field of human services.
The Case Aide certificate will provide students the academic background for entry-level opportunities within the human service field. This certificate is designed for the student who is already working in the human services field or would like to investigate their interest in the field before committing to a degree program.
Students who successfully complete the Pathway Certificate in Case Aide will:
- Communicate effectively and develop interpersonal skills needed to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Obtain the theoretical knowledge and interview skills required of human services workers in a variety of work settings
- Identify the concepts, ideas and skills necessary to effectively work as a case manager for any human services delivery program
- Develop the knowledge and skills to improve personal effectiveness through conflict resolution, and problem-solving strategies
- During studies in the program, students make class visits to community Human Services agencies.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Human Services program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
This certificate provides students with the foundation for paraprofessional opportunities in social service agencies. Jobs include case work aide, clinical social worker aide, family service assistant, addiction counselor assistant, and human services worker.
Occupational Skills Training
This program is available in an Occupational Skills Training format that is designed to mix school classes and on-the-job training with a potential employer. It’s great for hands-on learners! Individualized training plans are developed in consultation with the student, UCC faculty, UCC advisor, and the work site trainer.
Find out more.
To begin the program, students must be enrolled at UCC, and have basic writing and communication skills. This program can be started during the Fall & Winter terms.
To receive this certificate, students must complete five core Human Services classes (HS110, HS150, HS154, HS155, HS266) and one Sociology class (SOC204).
Other Degrees & Certificates at UCC
- Human Services: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Human Services: Associate of Science Degree
- Human Services: Addiction Studies: One-Year Certificate
- Human Services: Case Aide: Pathway Certificate
- Human Services: Addiction Treatment: Pathway Certificate
Alex Jardon, Ph.D.
Human Services Coordinator