Located in a beautiful, private, quiet valley along the North Umpqua River, Umpqua Community College is one of the hot spots of Southern Oregon. Campus is open for events centered around theatre, art, music, wine, night sky viewing, and community enrichment.
Performing Arts, Music, Theatre, & Fine Arts
Throughout the year, UCC presents theatrical and musical performances. Theatre Arts students present performances on stage as part of their learning experience. The artwork of UCC Fine Arts students is featured in regular exhibits at the Art Gallery. UCC brings in music acts from around the region including the:Umpqua Singers, UCC Chamber Choir and the Umpqua Chamber Orchestra.
Paul Morgan Observatory
The Paul Morgan Observatory (PMO) is designed to provide onsite and online viewings of the sun and night sky.
View stargazing event schedule
Attend an exciting UCC RiverHawks sporting event. Athletic teams include Baseball, Basketball, Wrestling, Obstacle Course Racing, Soccer, Cross Country, Track & Field, and eSports.
Event & Meeting Venues
Facilities are available for hosting wedding, sporting events, anniversaries, festivals, fundraisers, business meetings, plays, art exhibits, workshops, industry conferences, camps, and more.
UCC offers an array of indoor and outdoor venues and spaces to fit a variety of occasions and groups of people. Halls, rooms, and outdoor spaces are equipped, or can be equipped, with video sound systems, tables, chairs and lighting. Many of the facilities also have WiFi connections.
One of our premier event spaces is the Lang Center which is available to the public for scheduling through the UCC Events Department. The Southern Oregon Wine Institute provides alcoholic beverage service upon request for events. The Lang Center is an ideal location for a variety of events such as weddings, parties, business meetings, workshops, fundraisers and banquets. There are indoor and outdoor event spaces. Plus, a variety of services can be made available to help make your event successful.
Special Events Hours & Information
The Special Events Department processes requests for new events and schedules phone appointments on Mondays and Tuesday of each week. All external new events need a minimum of 60 days lead time from the date of the request in order to help ensure you receive the highest level of service.
To get started:
- View pricing in the Facility Fee Schedule, view the venues. Facility Fee Schedule
- Once you decide that you would like to have a tour and estimate click on "Request an Event" fill out the form. We hold event intakes on Monday or Tuesday this includes tours of the location/campus, estimation of the event, and question and answer. To start the process please click "Request an Event"
- Once we receive the electronic request, the Special Events scheduler will contact you for more information and to schedule a tour, if needed.
- We will create an event contract, schedule a tentative reservation and we will need documents for your event. These documents included Certificate of Liability, request to serve alcohol, and others depending on the type of event you are holding. Here is a list and examples of the documents that may be needed at the time of deposit. Documents List
- For selecting caterers or other 3rd party veneers i.e. DJ, Valet, etc., please use our approved catering list. Approved catering list
- At the time the contract is signed, Certificate of Liability, other needed forms, and the deposit is received the event will be confirmed.
Intake Hours: 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday & Tuesday. Please call ahead of time to schedule an appointment.
Special Events Office
Hours: 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday
Wine & Beverages
The Southern Oregon Wine Institute at Umpqua Community College provides all wine and beer services for public and private events on campus. We work together with the Catering and Special Events departments to provide everything that you need for any UCC or private event.
Wine Institute Contacts
Southern Oregon Wine Institute