Higher Education Education Relief Funds

What are the Higher Education Emergency Relief Funds (HEERF)?

Since the COVID-19 pandemic started, the United States government has passed spending bills to provide economic relief to individuals, institutions and businesses. The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act of March 2020, the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act (CRRSAA) of December 2020, and the American Rescue Plan (ARP) Act of March 2021 were passed by the United States Congress to provide economic relief from COVID-19. These contain money for emergency financial aid grants meant to help students pay for any component of the student’s cost of attendance; or for emergency costs that arise due to coronavirus, such as tuition, food, housing, health care (including mental health care), or child care.

  • The total amount of funds that the institution will receive from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the:
    • CARES Act (a)(1)program is $560,927.
    • CRRSAA (a)(1)program is $560,927.
    • ARP (a)(1) program is $2,356,764

How will emergency funds be distributed?

Funds will be distributed one of two ways: a direct deposit or a paper check mailed by US Postal Services (similar to the financial aid refund process). You’ll get an email from UCC indicating the amount of funds you are eligible to receive. To set up direct deposit click here for instructions. If you are receiving your funds by mail, check your Student Self Service, Personal Information, View Addresses and Phone then check the mailing address, to ensure your address is correct. If you need to change your address please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. using only your UCC Student Email.

If I receive a grant and have an outstanding balance on my UCC student account, will the funds be applied to it?

Per federal guidance these funds are to be disbursed directly to the student and cannot be applied to any outstanding balance a student may have. If you have an outstanding UCC balance and would like the funds directly applied toward it, you may complete an Authorization form. Funds will only be applied to any outstanding balance with the completion of this form. Submit completed forms to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

Jobs@UCC | A-Z Index | Maps & Parking | Campus Directory | Site Search | Web Feedback | Contact Us

Employee Website (TheNest) | Hawk Squawk eNewsletter | Alumni Membership | Complaints & Concerns | COVID-19 Information | COVID-19 Protocols

© 2021 Umpqua Community College, 1140 Umpqua College Rd., Roseburg, OR 97470
Phone: 541-440-4600 | Toll Free: 800-820-5161 | Oregon Relay TTY: 711

UCC Non-Discrimination Statement.
UCC is an equal opportunity employer and educator. 
Umpqua Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.