Associate of Applied Science Degree
"I knew I had made the statement that I would come back and teach, but I really didn't expect anybody to remember that! Imagine my surprise!?"Read more ...
“Furthering my education really helped me get to where I am today. I use everything I have learned."Read more ...
The Human Services Program will provide students with the skill set to succeed in careers in the social services field. Theoretical, academic and skill building coursework will be augmented with practical supervised fieldwork experiences.
Students will begin to explore the field of Human Services. Students will identify aspects of individual, family and social behaviors and the steps involved in resolving problems utilizing social services systems. Students are provided opportunities to practice skills such as empathy, active listening and cultural competency to engage in ethical helping practices that promote human growth, dignity, respect and self-determination.
Students who successfully complete the Associate of Applied Science degree in Human Services will:
- Identify the role of the human services worker in a variety of social services settings
- Apply interpersonal and group skills needed to effectively work with diverse populations
- Apply case management skills, including documentation, assessment, crisis intervention, treatment planning and use of appropriate community resources
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to professional, ethical standards and responsibility for professional growth
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Human Services program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
The Human Services program prepares students for entry-level jobs and future careers in private and government social service agencies, schools and business. Jobs include social work assistants, community outreach workers, substance abuse and recovery counselor, crisis intervention aide and/or case management aides.
Other Degrees & Certificates at UCC
- Human Services: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Human Services: Associate of Science Degree
- Human Services: Addiction Studies: One-Year Certificate
- Human Services: Case Aide: Pathways Certificate
- Human Services: Addiction Treatment: Pathways Certificate
Alex Jardon, Ph.D.
Human Services Coordinator