Associate of Science Degree
Articulated with Southern Oregon University
"I knew I had made the statement that I would come back and teach, but I really didn't expect anybody to remember that! Imagine my surprise!?"Read more ...
“Furthering my education really helped me get to where I am today. I use everything I have learned."Read more ...
The Human Services program will provide students with the foundational skills to transfer to Southern Oregon University.
The Human Service program provides academic coursework and the foundation necessary for a student interested in transferring to SOU for the interdisciplinary Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Sciences that focuses on the needs of human service professionals.
This degree aligns with the Human Services program at Southern Oregon University. Students who complete the Human Services Associate of Science will have the knowledge, skills and abilities to:
- Communicate effectively with others
- Be comfortable and effective working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Assess and address needs of individuals, families, and groups
- Develop a plan of action and link people with community resources
- Foster commitment to the field of human services based on the belief that all humans are capable of growth and have a fundamental right to dignity, respect, and self-determination
- Expand general knowledge and skills in ways that enrich personal and professional lives
- Use appropriate library and information resources to research professional issues and support lifelong learning
- Formulate questions that can be addressed with data and collect, organize, and display relevant data to answer them.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Human Services program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
The Associate of Science degree is based on a signed articulation agreement with Southern Oregon University (SOU). The SOU departments of psychology and sociology/anthropology offer an interdisciplinary bachelor’s degree program focusing on the needs of human service professionals, a Bachelor of Arts or Science in Social Science. The UCC Associate of Science (AS) degree is fully articulated with SOU’s Human Service program and allows students to transfer directly as juniors into the program at SOU with no loss of credits to pursue a bachelor’s degree. Students should contact the SOU Human Services program early in the first year of the AS program to be advised about additional requirements and procedures for admission to the school or program. Students should be aware that if they transfer before completing this degree, their courses will be evaluated individually toward the general education requirements in effect at SOU.
Other Degrees & Certificates at UCC
- Human Services: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Human Services: Associate of Science Degree
- Human Services: Addiction Studies: One-Year Certificate
- Human Services: Case Aide: Pathways Certificate
- Human Services: Addiction Treatment: Pathways Certificate
Human Services Program Coordinator