Associate of Applied Science Degree
The Rogue Credit Union (RCU) branch at Umpqua Community College (UCC) recognized with Business Innovation award.Read more ...
College alumna, community volunteer chosen as keynote commencement speaker.Read more ...
One of this year's Outstanding Student recipients is graduating after returning to school 21 years later.Read more ...
Complete this program online.
Experience the convenience and flexibility of studying online with UCC.
Start classes any time. (Fall, Winter, Spring, Summer)
The Marketing Program prepares students by creating a foundation of knowledge and skills in the business marketing environment.
The two-year Marketing degree is designed to prepare students for a career and leadership role in marketing by developing the student’s skills in building customer value and satisfaction, supervising employees, communication, and business terminology.
Students who successfully complete the Associate of Applied Science degree in Marketing will:
- Explain basic marketing functions and their integration into the business environment
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
- Apply critical thinking and decision-making skills
- Distinguish the importance of an ethical work environment
- Apply information and technology tools relevant to the profession
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in Business programs.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
Entry-level marketing positions, sales, customer service relations, social media marketing, public relations, advertising, and other marketing focus careers.
Program Entrance Requirements
Students entering the program are expected to have basic keyboarding and computer skills with business application software such as Word and Excel. If these skills are needed, you should take Introduction to Computer Information Systems (CIS120) during your first term at UCC. Placement scores indicating MTH 020 or higher and WR 115 or higher are required for entry into the program
Other Business Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Business Administration: Associate of Science Degree - articulated with SOU
- Business Management: Associate of Applied Science Degree
- Entrepreneurship: Pathway Certificate
- Financial Services: Pathway Certificate
- Supervision: One-year Certificate
- WAFC Retail Management Certificate
Toni Clough - Contact
Chair, Associate Professor, Business