Statement of Non-Discrimination
Umpqua Community College in full accordance with the law is committed to providing a working and learning environment that is free from discrimination, harassment and retaliation. UCC does not discriminate in employment, student admissions, and student services on the basis of race, color, religion, age, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, place of birth, General Education Development Certification (GED), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, Veteran status, or any other legally protected classification. UCC recognizes its responsibility to promote the principles of equal opportunity for employment, student admissions, and student services taking active steps to recruit individuals of color and women.
Please see Policy and Procedures:
Board Policy #3430 Prohibition against Discrimination, Harassment and Retaliation
Administrative Procedure #3432 Prohibition against Workplace Harassment - Reporting and Enforcement
Resolving Discrimination/Harassment Concerns Internally
Resolving Discrimination/Harassment Concerns Outside of the College
Individuals are encouraged to utilize an internal complaint process, but do have a right to file an external complaint of discrimination and /or harassment with:
- U.S. Department of Education’s Office for Civil Rights, 915 Second Avenue, Room 3310, Seattle, WA 98174-1099, (206)220-7900 (v), (206)222-7887 (fax), http://www.ed.gov/ocr/complaintprocess.html.
- Equal Employment Opportunity, Seattle Field Office, 909 First Avenue, Suite 400, Seattle, WA 98104-1061, 1-800-669-4000 (v), 1-800-669-6820 (TTY), 206-220-6911 (fax)
- Bureau of Labor and Industries, 3865 Wolverine Ave NE, Building E, Suite 1. Salem, OR 97305-1268, Phone: 503-378-3292, Ore. Relay TTY: 711
- The federal Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
Who can I contact for more information?
- Director of Human Resources, Kelley Plueard, Deputy Title IX Coordinator – 541.440.7690, located in Sue Shaffer Learning Commons & Library