Performance Management and Evaluations
Performance Management consists of ongoing communication between a supervisor and an employee that occurs throughout the year, in support of accomplishing the strategic objectives of the department and the campus. The communication process includes motivating, developing, engaging and retaining your staff. The Evaluation Process provides individuals with feedback on performance, establishes goals and objectives for the coming year, recognizes excellence, and identifies areas for growth. The Evaluation Process begins during the spring term and is finalized by June 30th each year.
Develop & Motivate
- Set goals and help employees achieve their goals
- Articulate how personal and department goals intersect with UCC's Strategic Plan
- Show your staff how they have an impact & how they Transform Student's Lives!
- Be sure to mention Professional Development Funds
Engage & Retain Talent
- Accepts personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Participates fully in the department, and/or office assessments
- Can be relied upon to achieve excellent results with little need for oversight
- Completes trainings as required and seeks opportunities to improve existing and/or develop new skills
- Awareness of the full benefits UCC offers, including tuition benefit
Guidelines for Completing the Annual Evaluation Process
The administrator is accountable for conducting the Evaluation Process according to established Board Policy (& Collective Bargaining Agreements)and for follow-up activities as appropriate.
1. Complete the administrator section of the evaluation form.
2. Meet with evaluee to discuss evaluee’s and supervisor’s comments and to create expectations for the coming year.
3. Ensure that final evaluation is signed by evaluee and supervisor.
4. Forward final evaluation – including the signed job description - to Human Resources by June 30. Provide a copy of the final evaluation to the evaluee by supervisor.
5. If applicable, send a Word version of the job description to HR, highlighting JD changes.
6. Maintain an electronic copy of the evaluation for reference; the official copy is in HR.
Faculty Evaluation (pdf); or Faculty Evaluation (Word); or Faculty Evaluation (fillable Word)
Faculty Self-Evaluation (pdf) Faculty Self Evaluation.docx (Word)
Classified Evaluation (fillable pdf)
Administrator Evaluation (pdf); or Administrator Evaluation (Word); or Administrator Evaluation (fillable Word)