What is a REMOTE class?
A remote class is when a face-to-face (F2F) class cannot be delivered in a traditional classroom. It is delivered online through Canvas with scheduled class times via Zoom.
- Scheduled face-to-face via Zoom
- Real-time and recorded activities
- No online class fee
- Continue real-class experiences online, such as lectures, small group work, etc.
Remote instruction occurs when a face-to-face (F2F) class is not delivered in a traditional classroom. Note that this is NOT the same as online instruction. Remote instruction, like its F2F counterpart, is delivered in a synchronous manner (where faculty instruction and student learning occur at the same time), often supplemented by online components.
- Hint: Look for the attribute “Remote Course” with class times listed when registering.
What is an ONLINE class?
The class is instructor led and completely online. You log into the online class to view information, videos, and participate in discussions and assignments.
- Assignment deadlines, but no scheduled class time
- Learning activities and assignments by due dates
- Online class fee applies
- All coursework done online
Online courses are delivered in an asynchronous format, where instructors usually do not provide live instruction and students can manage their own schedule to ensure they meet deadlines. Courses will be delivered online in Canvas, including teacher interactions, lessons, and assignments.
- Hint: Look for the attribute “UCC Online Courses” with TBA for the class time when registering.
Want to know more about classes at UCC?
Visit the Future Students page.