Renewable Materials: Advanced Wood Manufacturing
Associate of Science Degree
Articulated with Oregon State University
The advanced wood manufacturing option allows students to tailor their degree to their interests. This option is completely unique to Oregon State and in high demand throughout the industry. Advanced manufacturing students study the latest technologies throughout the wood products industry. Graduates are highly-sought after and set apart to fill a need for entry-level positions throughout the Pacific Northwest and the rest of the country. Once in the industry, students make everything from advanced wood products to cabinetry.
The Advance Wood Manufacturing option focuses on behavior of bio-based materials and adds a strong foundation in advanced
manufacturing processes such as automation, scanning and optimization systems, computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining, robotics, and 3D printing.
This UCC program aligns with the programs offered through the OSU College of Forestry Program. UCC students that complete the Renewable Materials: Advanced Wood Manufacturing AS degree in Forestry will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Demonstrate ability to find, compile, analyze and communicate technical information
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of wood and similar renewable materials that make them challenging to utilize as industrial and building materials
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- Demonstrate a combination of technical and business acumen that allows effective management of process and people
OSU Degree Partnership Program
UCC works closely with Oregon State University (OSU) so that students can dual-enroll, pursue any degree that OSU offers, reap cost savings, and benefit from access to more scholarships and services. Learn more.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Renewable Materials programs.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
The Renewable Materials curriculum at UCC is intended to meet the requirements for the first two years of course work necessary for application to the Renewable Materials professional program at Oregon State University, College of Forestry.
Advanced wood manufacturing professional often work as supervisors and leaders at sawmills or engineered wood products facilities.
Related Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Renewable Materials: Advanced Wood Manufacturing: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Art & Design: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Management & Marketing: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Science & Engineering: Associate of Science Degree
- Forestry Degree Programs
- Natural Resources: Associate of Science Degree
Bryan Benz - Contact
Assistant Professor, Science