Renewable Materials: Management & Marketing
Associate of Science Degree
Articulated with Oregon State University
The Marketing and Management option provides students with the skills to manage organizations or devise new marketing strategies to compete in the global wood products industry. Students study business principles and how to apply them to growing wood products industry. They may initially go into sales for a wood products company, or other business-related positions. Their knowledge of the science and structure of wood will give them a leg up in the job market.
The Management & Marketing option provides the skills to manage organizations to be competitive in the global renewable materials marketplace or develop innovative and effective marketing programs for green products.
This UCC program aligns with the programs offered through the OSU College of Forestry Program. UCC students that complete the Renewable Materials: Marketing and Management AS degree in Forestry will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Demonstrate ability to find, compile, analyze and communicate technical information
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of wood and similar renewable materials that make them challenging to utilize as industrial and building materials
- Recognize the diverse complexity of the Renewable Materials industry, and the challenges it faces with balancing business and environmental goals
- Develop an understanding of innovative and effective marketing programs for green products
OSU Degree Partnership Program
UCC works closely with Oregon State University (OSU) so that students can dual-enroll, pursue any degree that OSU offers, reap cost savings, and benefit from access to more scholarships and services. Learn more.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Renewable Materials programs.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
The Renewable Materials curriculum at UCC is intended to meet the requirements for the first two years of course work necessary for application to the Renewable Materials professional program at Oregon State University, College of Forestry.
Marketing and Management professionals work as business leaders in the forest products sector.
Related Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Renewable Materials: Advanced Wood Manufacturing: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Art & Design: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Management & Marketing: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Science & Engineering: Associate of Science Degree
- Forestry Degree Programs
- Natural Resources: Associate of Science Degree
Bryan Benz - Contact
Assistant Professor, Science