Renewable Materials: Science & Engineering
Associate of Science Degree
Articulated with Oregon State University
The Science and Engineering option focuses on science, technology and engineering when it comes to working with wood products. Students gain a strong understanding of where wood products come from, and test renewable materials to determine how we can use them in new and innovative ways. Students learn in woodshops, labs and even test materials in our climate rooms and earthquake testing room.
The Science & Engineering option is a flexible, math and science intensive option that allows students to design a personalized curriculum that opens doors to jobs that solve complex problems, create efficiencies, and foster intelligent use of renewable materials.
This UCC program aligns with the programs offered through the OSU College of Forestry Program. UCC students that complete the Renewable Materials: Science and Engineering AS degree in Forestry will have the knowledge, skills, and abilities to:
- Demonstrate ability to find, compile, analyze and communicate technical information in a concise format
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of wood and similar renewable materials that make them challenging to utilize as industrial and building materials
- Understand the source of wood products and how they are utilized
- The ability to solve complex problems and create efficiencies for the application of renewable materials
OSU Degree Partnership Program
UCC works closely with Oregon State University (OSU) so that students can dual-enroll, pursue any degree that OSU offers, reap cost savings, and benefit from access to more scholarships and services. Learn more.
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Renewable Materials programs.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
The Renewable Materials curriculum at UCC is intended to meet the requirements for the first two years of course work necessary for application to the Renewable Materials professional program at Oregon State University, College of Forestry.
Science and Engineering degree option professionals are prepared to work in a variety of technical manufacturing positions.
Related Certificates & Degrees at UCC
- Renewable Materials: Advanced Wood Manufacturing: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Art & Design: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Management & Marketing: Associate of Science Degree
- Renewable Materials: Science & Engineering: Associate of Science Degree
- Forestry Degree Programs
- Natural Resources: Associate of Science Degree
Bryan Benz - Contact
Assistant Professor, Science