Financial Aid Dollars
Source: Unhindered by Talent / Flickr


Making payments for your education is an investment and a responsibility. With any decision, there are benefits and consequences. It is vital that you know the consequences and other details that result from not making payments.

Consequences of not paying

If you fail to pay your account, the college may take any or all of the following actions:

  • Require immediate payment in full
  • Block enrollment for any future terms
  • Decline to provide transcripts
  • Turn accounts over to a collections for non-payment *
  • Assign your debt to the Department of Oregon Revenue (DOR) for offset of any refunds or sums due to you from DOR or any other state agency

Students will receive a final notice for accounts that are overdue before the college assigns them to a collections status and reports them to a credit bureau. The collection agency will add additional collection fees, court and attorney costs to account.

Unpaid Account Review after Three Months

A student’s account is reviewed after 90 days from payment due date (first day of the term). Accounts that remain unpaid or have not established a UCC Repayment Agreement through our normal billing cycle will be issued a Final Notice. The Final Notice may still allow students to contact Student Accounts to set up a UCC Repayment Agreement. Failure to maintain payments under the Repayment Agreement will result in an account being sent to collections.

Collection Agency Payments

Partial payment on accounts assigned to a collection agency must be paid directly to the collection agency. Student’s wanting to pay their account in full can do so either at the agency or by contacting UCC Student Accounts. Payments in full made to UCC will include collection agency charges.

Once an account at a collection agency is paid-in-full, students may contact Student Accounts at UCC to verify payment received at the agency. This will allow students faster access to registration and transcripts. Until payment is officially posted by UCC on the student’s account; the “Overdue Payment” hold may be lifted by contacting Student Accounts. Student Accounts may not accept partial payments or set up payment agreements for the collection agencies. Students will need to contact the specific collection agency for these types of payment arrangements.

If you know which agency holds your account, please select the contact information from the list below. You may also, contact Student Accounts at either 541-440-7660 or 541-440-4635 for assistance.

Department of Oregon Revenue (DOR)
Phone: 877-222-2346 in state
Phone: 503-945-8199 out of state

Southern Oregon Credit Services
Phone: 541-773-6238
Phone: 800-283-0222