The ASUCC Leadership Board represents student interests, needs, and well-being within the college community. ASUCC Leadership Officers gain valuable leadership experience through student advocacy and student engagement. If you are looking to lead, serve, learn, and earn, then this opportunity is the right one for you. Together, with other student leaders, you WILL make a difference on campus.
It shall be the responsibility of an ASUCC Officer to:
- Assume the responsibility of being a leader of students.
- Attend and participate in at least 80% of regularly scheduled ASUCC Leadership Board meetings per quarter, excluding summer.
- Serve as a voting member of ASUCC Leadership Board.
- Establish and maintain a minimum of ten (10) working hours per week, excluding finals week and quarter breaks and participate in two (2) hours per week of scheduled ASUCC Executive Council/ Leadership Team meetings.
- Attend summer training/leadership retreat, participate in quarterly leadership development and attend off-campus leadership conferences.
- Lobby once a term, if necessary and appropriate.
- Serve on at least two (2) college committees.
- Support all ASUCC functions and activities.
- Assist with Student Engagement Office and campus events.
- Develop and maintain healthy working relationships.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of ASUCC documents.
- Training with the outgoing officers, to take place prior to officially taking office.
- A minimum of 40 hours of leadership training plus leadership conferences and UCC event participation during the period of July-September, schedule to be determined.
- Minimum of ten (10) office hours per week, each quarter, beginning the first week of Fall quarter, excluding finals week and quarter breaks.
- Weekly ASUCC Leadership Board meetings, as scheduled
- Transition meeting with the outgoing officers prior to officially taking office.
- At least 40 hours of leadership training plus leadership conferences and UCC event participation during the period of July-September, schedule to be determined.
- Twelve (12) work hours per week, each term, beginning the first week of Fall term, excluding finals week and term breaks.
- Weekly ASUCC Leadership Board and ASUCC Leadership Team meetings, as scheduled.
- UCC shared governance committee and council meetings, as determined.
- Activity development and implementation, as determined.
- Leadership workshops and other leadership meetings, as determined and necessary.
An officer receives term tuition assistance (for fall, winter, and spring terms) equal to 12 credits of tuition, excluding all fees. Summer term compensation for participation in leadership training is $500 and a fuel stipend (if training is held on campus).