Josh, a UCC graduate and fresh addition to the Con-Vey team in Roseburg, explained his professional journey and how his CIS degree prepared him for his new position as an electrical engineer. “I actually went to UCC twice, first attended UCC in 2007 to acquire a digital systems technology degree that gave me several opportunities, one of which was working for Roseburg Forest Products.”
“We just finished disassembling this V-8 engine,” said Bryce, a high school student in the UCC Career Academy program, while pointing to an enormous pile of bolts, tubes, and shiny steel cylinders. “I’m potentially wanting to become a mechanic,” he continued, “Probably work at a shop.” Another student hoped to open his own shop someday, stating he began working on cars with his dad when he was nine years old.
Today in front of the library on campus, we met Samantha, Robertson. From the Oxford House Dream in Roseburg, Samantha has her dream set on becoming an art therapist and teaching kids. As a first-year Early Childhood Education student, she is looking forward to getting a certificate to enable her to teach at a middle school or in human services, and creating a pathway for herself to getting a bachelor's degree in psychology.
More Articles ...
- UCC Featured Nationally in The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Three Generations Pursue Their Education at UCC
- Medical Coding & Billing Alum Achieves Fullfilling Career with Stops Across Nation
- Lifelong Friends Explore UCC Curriculum
- Aspiring Web Designer Secures Pathway to OSU-Cascades
- UCC Forestry Student Alumni 3-Peat in OSU Award Recognition
- College Boosts a Paralegal Career
- From GED to PhD
- Dedicated to Nursing in Roseburg, 6000 Miles from Her Hometown
- Recognizing that Kelden is cut out for Weldin'
- Travelling the Path to an Engineering Career
- Engineering a Path to a Perfect Job
- Learning a New Language for a Better Future
- UCC Selects Excellence Award Recipients
- UCC STEM Department Overview
- How the Police Reserve Academy Opened Doors for a Mother of Two
- UCC Alum Dedicates Decades to Criminal Justice
- International Success; One Student's Journey Across the World
- Focusing on People and the Planet to Become a Pillar in the Community
- Serving Our Community with Honor
- Finding her Voice in Journalism
- Learning Through a Different Lens
- Love Letters writes UCC History
- See a Need, Fill a Need
- Pioneer Alum Propelled Education Into Classroom Career