UCC is committed to diversity and equal employment/education opportunity. We comply with Title IX. This is a federal civil rights law. It prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in federally-financed education programs.
UCC protects and supports the 1972 Educational Amendments of Title IX. We work to:
- Promote equity in academic and athletic programs.
- Prevent hostile environments on the basis of sex.
- Prohibit sexual harassment and sexual violence.
- Protect from retaliation and remedy the effects of other gender-based forms of discrimination.
- Investigate and notify the college community of serious or ongoing threats. We work to prevent a recurrence.
Filing a Complaint
When should I file a complaint of discrimination/harassment?
You should file a complaint of discrimination if you are a UCC student, staff, or faculty member and believe:
- You are being subjected to harassment/discrimination
- You have witnessed harassment/discrimination
- You have knowledge of harassment/discrimination
A report of sexual harassment may be made at any time, including during non-business hours, by submitting the Title IX Reporting Form or using the telephone number or email address of the Title IX Coordinator listed below.
How do I file a complaint of discrimination/harassment?
Report the situation to an Authorized Staff Person (ASP). An ASP is either:
- The administrative-level supervisor
- The administrator to whom the alleged harasser reports
- 541-440-7763 (Oregon Relay TTY: 711)
- 1140 Umpqua College Rd, Roseburg, OR 97470
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator, Kelley Plueard
- The grievance procedures can be found online at "Responding to Harassment Based on Sex Under Title IX" (AP#3434).
View / Download the Title IX Reporting Form
Anonymous reporting is for NON-EMERGENCIES. To report an emergency, call 911. Then call campus security at 541-440-7777
For all people who have experienced family violence, sexual violence or stalking ...
Peace at Home Advocacy Center
Crisis Line: (541) 673-7867 or (800) 464-6543
On-campus Confidential CARE Advocate - Website
UCC Deskline: (541) 440-7688
Douglas County Sexual Assault Response Team
Toll Free Hotline 800-464-6543
Sexual Abuse Recovery Centers - Website
Toll Free Hotline 888-988-8077
View / Download the Sexual Assault Task Force Poster
View / Download the Sexual Assault Task Force Flyer