Search Icon

Resources and Assistance


  1. UCC provides assistance for the prevention of alcohol and controlled substance abuse by college employees as well as assistance for employees with problems related to controlled substance abuse.
    • The Director of Human Resources facilitates employee participation in drug and alcohol awareness training sessions; employees are encouraged to attend.
    • Evaluation, mental health, and referral services are available, and assistance is provided on a confidential basis. In addition, the college provides drug-free awareness programs to inform employees of the dangers of drug abuse; information regarding the policy for maintaining a drug-free workplace, availability of drug counseling, rehabilitation, and employee assistance programs; and penalties that may be imposed for drug-abuse violations occurring in the workplace.
  2. Students seeking referral assistance for drug and/or alcohol related abuse may contact the Wellness Counselor at 541-440-7900.
  3. Part-time hourly, adjunct faculty, and student employees should consult with the Director of Human Resources for referral to available treatment programs. Salaried employees (who are eligible) are encouraged to seek assistance for alcohol and controlled substance dependence problems through the college Employee Assistance Program (EAP). The EAP helps employees privately solve problems that may interfere with work, family, and life in general. EAP services are free to UCC employees, their dependents, and all household members. EAP Services are always confidential and provided by experts. 866-750-1327
  4. Employees seeking assistance for drug and/or alcohol related abuse may also contact the Office of Human Resources. An explanation of benefits available to employees for chemical and alcohol dependency is contained in the Employee Assistance Program brochure. Additional copies of these brochures are available in the Office of Human Resources and online at

Community Resources

ADAPT (541-672-691) For over 40 years, ADAPT has provided quality substance abuse treatment in Southern Oregon. They offer quality residential and outpatient treatment services for teens and adults. ADAPT is a preferred provider for Cigna, LifeWise, ODS, Pacific Source, Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield and other health plans. Adapt also routinely contracts as a service provider with the counties we serve, the State of Oregon and with the local Coordinated Care Organizations Umpqua Health Alliance (UHA) and Western Oregon Advanced Health (WOAH).

Serenity Lane (541-673-3504) Serenity Lane is a private, not-for-profit treatment center for alcohol and other drug addictions. They offer inpatient/residential and outpatient services to adults 18 years and older. They offer clinical assessment, special family programs, long term treatment and recovery support for a full year.

Alcoholics Anonymous (541-673-7552) The primary purpose of AA is to carry out the message of recovery to the alcoholic seeking help. They are a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength, and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others recover from alcoholism. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees. Umpqua Community College has partnered with Alcoholics Anonymous to host on-campus meetings for employees, students, and the community once weekly, when the campus is open.

Lines for Life Helpline (1-800-923-HELP or 1-800-923-4357) Hotline (1-800-621-1646) Lines for Life is a regional non-profit dedicated to preventing substance abuse and suicide. They offer help and hope to individuals and communities and promote mental health for all. Their work addresses a spectrum of needs that include intervention, prevention, and advocacy. They educate, train, and advocate to prevent issues of substance abuse, mental illness, and thoughts of suicide from reaching crisis levels.

Umpqua Valley Area of Narcotics Anonymous (541-957-1489) Narcotics Anonymous is a nonprofit fellowship or society of men and women for whom drugs had become a major problem. The members are recovering addicts who meet regularly to help each other stay clean. The only requirement for membership is the desire to stop using. Umpqua Community College has partnered with Umpqua Valley Area of Narcotics Anonymous to host on-campus meetings for employees, students, and the community once weekly, when the campus is open.

Oregon Al-Anon (1-888-4AL-ANON) or 1-888-425-2666) For over 50 years Al-Anon has been carrying a message of hope: no matter what relationship a person has with an alcoholic (whether he or she is still drinking or not), a person who has been affected by someone else’s drinking can find solutions that lead to serenity in the Al-Anon/Alateen fellowship. Meetings are anonymous and confidential. There are no dues or fees for membership.

Treatment Services Locator (1-800-662-HELP or 1-800-662-4357) or 1-800-487-4889 (TTY) The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration’s toll-free telephone number for alcohol and drug information and treatment referral assistance. When calling the toll-free number, a person can speak to a representative concerning substance abuse treatment, request printed materials on alcohol or drugs or learn more about local substance abuse treatment referral information in the person’s area of residence.

Consequences for Violation