Faculty Resources - Professional Development
The following workshops are open for registration
- Creating Content-Rich Pages in Canvas
- Setting up Peer-reviewed Assignments in Canvas
- Gamification: Using Requirements, Prerequisites, and Badges in Canvas
- Creating Interactive Videos
- Creating Accessible Content
- Integrating Competency-based/Mastery Learning into Your Course: Using Canvas Outcomes
- Publish Your Syllabus in Canvas
- Set up Your Grade Book
- Creating Rubrics in Canvas
- Course Analytics
- Record your screen or powerpoint
- Virtual Office Hours
- Films on Demand
- Understanding How Dates Work in Canvas
Quality Matters (QM) Training
Quality Matters (QM)Training is a faculty-centered, peer review process that is designed to certify the quality of online courses and online components.
Contact UCCOnline if you are interested in taking one of the online courses. View the course descriptions.
We recommend the IYOC workshop (Improving your Online Course). The duration is 2 weeks, and QM suggests that participants set aside 8-10 hours per week for the workshop. The workshop is designed for instructors who have taught online. You will need to have a course to work with during the workshop.
Explore Virtual Professional Development Opportunities
There are many ways to learn and develop our professional growth. We recommend looking at some of these: