- Looking for free e-books? Check out BookBub online or through Facebook.
- Bookperk has daily finds, deals, giveaways and more.
- ManyBooks has free and discounted bestsellers.
- Gutenberg has the world's great literature, with a focus on older works.
- NEW! Letters of Note, an online museum of correspondence
- NEW! Authorama features completely free books from a variety of different authors
TEDTalks and Other Talks
- Check out which TED Talks were watched most in 2019.
- 99U lets you get inside the creative process of people building remarkable careers and leading their industries.
- The Moth is less lectures and more personal stories.
- At Ignite, presenters get 20 slides and 5 minutes, and the slides automatically advance every 15 seconds whether the presenter wants them to or not. The goal is to condense an idea into a bite-sized chunk that’s fun, fast, and equally
- PechaKucha was founded by a pair of Japanese architects who wanted concise, simple, and inspiring presentations.
- Veritas Forum is for those interested in theology, atheism, agnosticism, and religious theory and debate of all forms,
- IdeaCity is Canada's version of TedTalks based on Moses Znaimer's 3-day conference.
- PopTech is a global community of thought leaders, whose goal is to help spur innovation by bringing people together with different backgrounds to share ideas and walk away inspired.
- Google regularly hosts talks on its campus and Talks at Google are sometimes inspirational and informative or is a working session.
- Videos from Big Think are always enlightening and entertaining and the topics are often wide, but always informative.
See what is on:
- Time Magazine's 10 Best Podcasts of 2019
- The New Yorker's Best Podcasts of 2019
- The Atlantic's 50 Best Podcasts of 2019
Check out the Google Podcasts app
Did you know that Pandora has podcasts? Pandora free and Pandora Plus listeners can begin listening to podcasts by going to the "My Collection" tab, and then "Podcasts." Premium subscribers select "My Collection," then "Added to My Collection" and then "Podcasts." From there, users can search for podcasts to add to their collection.