Welding: Aluminum Only
“After a couple years in high school welding classes, I knew Welding was right for me.”Read more ...
Local family's heirloom sparks creativity, challenge for second-year welding student John Kunis.Read more ...
UCC student chooses non-traditional career path in high-demand industry.Read more ...
UCC teams up with Miller Electric Manufacturing & Airgas.Read more ...
Former UCC student focusing on a career in underwater welding.Read more ...
The Aluminum Only Pathway Certificate enriches our community with access to modern and up to date welding education that meets or exceeds industry standards.
The Aluminum Only Pathway Certificate program is designed to provide study in the areas of Aluminum Fabrication to prepare students for entry-level employment in the Aluminum Manufacturing industry. Related occupations for this program certificate would include; boat manufacturing, aerospace and aviation, viticulture and brewing, petrochemical and LNG production.
“I don’t know why there aren’t more girls in this – there’s so much precision and detail. It’s like having Thors hammer and I love that. The instructors are supportive here. I feel comfortable and every student helps one another. I want to own my own business.”
- Mairghread McGowan
Students who successfully complete the Welding Pathway Certificate will:
- Apply fundamentals of aluminum welding, including the basics of common joining processes, cutting and gouging,measurement, fabrication, repair, material identification, and visual acceptance criteria
- Interpret and apply basic elements of blueprints such as line type identification, symbols, notes, 2D and 3D interpretation, dimensioning and measurement
- Exhibit “soft skills” such as; timeframe awareness, follow through and completion of work, positive interactions with fellow classmates, good communication, positive attitude, and good work ethics
- Demonstrate a knowledge and understanding of safe working conditions, as well as, safety in handling materials, equipment, and personal protective equipment
Ready to get started?
It's easy and only requires TWO steps.
Fill out our request info form. This will alert us that you are interested in the Welding program.
If you are new to UCC (you've never taken a class), apply to UCC. Otherwise, you are done for now. You will be contacted about the next steps.
Aluminum is the metal of the future. It is 1/3 the weight of steel, has excellent strength to weight ratio, is virtually corrosion resistant, and 100% recyclable. These material properties and many more are making Aluminum the choice metal for future engineering applications around the world, and the Aluminum Only Pathway Certificate prepares students for entry-level jobs and future careers in the following areas:
- Boat builders
- Aerospace & Aviation
- Tool & Die makers
- Quality Control
- Trucking & Transportation equipment
- Welding Sales
- Automotive Industries
Did you know?
- The U.S. will need over 375,000 welding professionals by 2023.
- Welding is used to build ships, automobiles, planes and space vehicles.
- A welding career can lead to financial security, career advancement and important work in areas around the world.
- Scholarships and grants are available from the American Welding Society.
Ian Fisher - Contact
Associate Professor, Coordinator, Welding
© 2022 Umpqua Community College, 1140 Umpqua College Rd., Roseburg, OR 97470
Phone: 541-440-4600 | Toll Free: 800-820-5161 | Oregon Relay TTY: 711
UCC Non-Discrimination Statement.
UCC is an equal opportunity employer and educator.
Umpqua Community College is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities.