Contact Danielle Hasket to schedule a training on campus.
Online Training Ongoing (jump in anytime!)
Log into Canvas to access the course: Accessibility at UCC. Contact UCCOnline if you need assistance accessing Canvas.
Canvas is the official learning management system used at UCC. It is used to deliver the online courses and can also be used to supplement the classroom.
Supplementing your Face-to-Face Course with Canvas
Follow the steps below to learn how to supplement your face-to-face course using the Canvas learning management system.
- Accessing Canvas
From the umpqua.edu website, click on the UCCOnline link at the top of the page. Click on Canvas Login. Your initial login is your 800# and your 6-digit (mmddyy) birthdate as your password. Update your password following these instructions.
- Navigating the Canvas Interface
- Recommended Course Settings
- Changing the Course Navigation Menu
- Adding a Course Syllabus
- Adding Assignments to the Grade Book (All Canvas Assignments will be automatically linked to Grade Book and Syllabus)
- Entering Grades
- Posting Announcements
- Make your Course Available to Students
Teaching Fully Online or Hybrid Course
For more information, you can also access the Canvas guides directly using the links below.
Common tasks for all UCC instructors.
Accessibility in Online Courses
Did you know approximately 20% live with a disability? At some point you will be interacting with a student (or a colleague) that has a disability. UCC is committed to accessibility for our students and here are some things you can do right now!
- Complete the Accessibility at UCC training online or in a classroom session.
- Check your Canvas courses to start the online training version of Accessibility at UCC. Contact UCCOnline if you don't see the course or if you need help logging into Canvas.
- Classroom training sessions for Fall 2016 are:
- October 11th, 9 am-10:30 am
- November 9th, 1:00-2:30 pm
- Are you using videos in your class? Every video must be correctly captioned. We have captioning services available with a 48 hour turnaround. Contact UCCOnline to get your captioning started today.
- Review the Accessibility Checklist for online classes and files.
- Interested in participating in our ALLY pilot? ALLY is software built into your Canvas course that lets you see an accessibility score and provides tips to improve it. We are looking for instructors that are willing to give feedback on the this tool. Contact UCCOnline for more information.
Open Educational Resources (OER)
Student Engagement Tools
Bb Collaborate Ultra
|Deliver a virtual live class session
||Record your classroom lecture
|Conduct virtual office hours
||Deliver test reviews
|Application and desktop sharing
||Provide a space for student group project collaboration
|Other features include: Polling, Breakout rooms, Interactive Whiteboard
Ultra Overview TourClick image below or Ultra Overview Tour
Tutorials to Get You Started:Get Started (for Moderators/Instructors)
Help and Support
- IMPORTANT: Use Chrome browser
- Help for Moderators/Instructors
- Call Bb Collaborate Ultra Support 1 (877) 382-2293
Films on Demand
Access Films on Demand on Campus
Note: When accessing Films on Demand off campus you will be asked to enter your ID and self-service password.
More information on search tips, custom segments, creating playlists and more can be found at Getting Started for Educators
This tool is available to all instructors to use. It is integrated into Canvas and ready to use for all instructors.
Contact UCCOnline for more information.
A digital badge is a token that can be awarded by an instructor to recognize a particular achievement. They are often used to recognize a competency or skill, a character quality, or completion of a task. Badging is used to motivate learning and acknowledge achievement. Badges in Canvas appear as icons on the participants profile.
Are you showing your badges?
Learn more about badges you can earn from UCCOnline.
Contact UCCOnline to find out how you can create and award badges for your students.
Call to schedule a personalized training or see the calendar for upcoming workshops.
- Publish Your Syllabus in Canvas
- Set up Your Gradebook
- Creating Rubrics in Canvas
- Course Analytics
- Record your screen or powerpoint
- Virtual Office Hours
- Films on Demand
- Understanding How Dates Work in Canvas
Quality Matters (QM) Training
Contact UCCOnline if you are interested in taking one of the online courses. View the course descriptions.
Nov. 7th is the next IYOC workshop (Improving your Online Course). The duration is 2 weeks, and QM suggests that participants set aside 8-10 hours per week for the workshop. The workshop is designed for instructors who have taught online. (They need to have a course to work with during the workshop.)
Explore Virtual Professional Development Opportunities