Page 2 of 4
Employers have two options to choose JOBS Volunteers:
Option One: Work Experience
- Opportunities for employers to find valuable employees.
- Trainable volunteers.
- Participant interviewing and assessment.
- Pre-employment training and education.
- Worker's Compenstation Insurance.
- Ongoing support for employers & volunteers.
- Opportunities to help those entering the community's workforce gain valuable skills at NO additional cost to you, the employer.
Option Two: JOBS Plus
- Employers are reimbursed by the state for wages up to the Oregon minimum wage, and payroll taxes and workers compensation premiums.
- Save training costs.
- Can observe workers in a real work situation.
- May qualify for additional tax incentives
- Can end the JOBS Plus placement at any time.
- Are encouraged, but not required to hire successful workers as permanent employees.
- Pay a wage equivalent to wages paid for similar work; adjusted for worker's experience.
- Provide a mentor to help the worker transition to the work place.
Paperwork is simple & reimbursement is prompt
- One page agreement
- One page monthly reimbursement form.
Eligible workers can
- Work up to 40 hours a week.
- Work 6 months.
- Learn new skills that will lead to employment.
- After 30 days, pay $1 per hour into the worker's Individual Education Account (This $1 is deducted from the employer's reimbursement).