Financial Aid for Veterans

The Veterans Education Benefits Office was established to help veterans and their eligible dependents apply for and receive Veterans Administration educational benefits, VA work study, veterans counseling, and other supportive services.

You are encouraged to contact the Veterans Certifying Official located next to the Financial Aid Office in the Student Center for assistance.

IMPORTANT: Please check your Student Email and Student Self Service to see if you still have requirements that need to be turned in to complete your FAFSA. If you have forms to drop off, there is a drop box in front of the Veterans Education Benefits Office window.

Apply For Veterans Education Benefits

Apply online at

VA Benefits:


New application VA Form 22-1990*


New application VA Form22-5490*

* Paper applications available at UCC Veterans Education Benefits Office


National Guard Tuition Assistance

Apply for Federal Tuition Assistance (FTA)

For questions on eligibility contact your Educational Services Officer (ESO) Mrs. Ann Browning directly at (971) 355-4278 or email: [email protected]

Apply for Oregon National Guard State Tuition Assistance

Request Official Transcripts From the Military and Other Colleges and/or Universities

Air Force:

All other branches:

All transcripts should be sent to:

Umpqua Community College – Registration Office
PO Box 967 | Roseburg, OR  97470

Apply For Admission To UCC


In person: Laverne Murphy Student Center

Complete Online Orientation and quiz.

Take Placement Tests located in ESB  (phone: 541-440-7659)

Meet with an Advisor to schedule classes – Let them know you are receiving Veterans Education Benefits.

How Do I Get Paid?

Submit term schedule and bill to UCC Veterans Education Benefits Office (VEBO)

Submit revised term schedule and bill as appropriate.

Chapters 30 and 1606 need to verify enrollment beginning the last day of each month: call 1-877-823-2378, verify on eBenefits, or log on to


Veterans Information Letter

Veterans Contact Form

Veterans submit Member 4 copy of DD-214

Payment arrangements may need to be made

Advance pay requests available at VEBO

Check your Student Email often

Optional & Additional Resources

File for Financial Aid at

Apply for scholarships at

Apply for Oregon scholarships at 

Other questions? We’re here to help

Veterans Education Benefits Office (VEBO)