The field of Engineering offers many opportunities: Architectural Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering Management, Environmental Engineering, Mechanical, Industrial and Manufacturing, and Chemical Engineering, as well as Biomedical, Forest, Geological, Mining, Metallurgical, and Nuclear Engineering. Prepare to get started on a pathway for a high-wage and in-demand career. Earn pre-engineering certificates in preparation for transferring to university through our interactive Engineering program and industry-experienced faculty. Explore your creativity and gain hands-on experience at the campus Maker Lab with advanced technical equipment, 3D modeling printing, and robotics.
• Get job-ready with the skills and certificates you need to be job-ready, including expanded opportunities and summer internships
• Learn from Instructors who have real-world experience
• Interactive Maker Lab with 3D printers
• Be a part of an active Engineering Club and connect with the campus community
Oregon Pathways to Industrial Research Careers (OPIRC)
Supports efficient progression from UCC to Master's degree and high-paying, employment in chemistry, physics, and engineering related fields:
- Physics - optics, semiconductors, photovoltaics
- Chemistry - polymers, semiconductors, molecular probes
- Engineering - optics, semiconductors, polymers
- Biology/Computer Science - bioinformatics, genomics
Get up to $45,000 in scholarships while working towards your BS and MS degrees and be a part of the University of Oregon Knight Campus Graduate Internship Program. Email Mick Davis, Associate Professor of Science
“The fact that I was on that pathway and that I was able to show that I would have my Drafting Certificate made me qualified to move into that internship.” — Josh Corrington, Intern at Pinnacle Engineering, Inc. and UCC Engineering Student
OSU Degree Partnership Program
UCC works closely with Oregon State University (OSU) so that students can dual-enroll, pursue any degree that OSU offers, reap cost savings, and benefit from access to more scholarships and services. Learn more.
The AS transfer track closely follows the first two years of study for engineering programs at most universities in Oregon including PSU and OIT.
More program info
Program description, outcomes and requirements are located in the Course Catalog.