Our forestry program provides you with an education in fundamental forestry knowledge, applied field-based skills, and professional and ethical behavior to be successful professionals assisting in the management of forested ecosystems that promote environmental, social, and economic values of forests.
- Unique 100 Acre campus to practice forestry skills
- Courses taught by industry partners
- Acquire job-ready skills and opportunities for summer internships.
- Prepare to transfer to OSU, the #1 Forestry program in the U.S.
- Topics in classroom and field work include modern approaches to Forestry including, GIS mapping, GPS techniques, and drone use in forest monitoring and renewal
Degrees & Certificates
Make a living out of working in the woods. Learn about the possibilities in this hands-on career from Issac Cherry, recent UCC Forestry graduate, and intern at Lone Rock Resources.
OSU Degree Partnership Program
The Forestry curriculum is intended to meet the requirements for the first two years of course work necessary for application to the Forestry professional program at OSU.
“Imagine looking at a view and seeing all the places where you have worked over the years. There are not many fields where you can do that. We are planting the trees that will be harvested long after our career is over.”Isaac CherryLone Rock Resources forestry management intern, & upcoming UCC graduateLearn More
More program info
Program description, outcomes and requirements are located in the Course Catalog.