UCC’s Music Studies program will prepare you to transfer to several 4-year universities and equip you with comprehensive knowledge of music theory, history, technology, and performance.
The UCC Fine and Performing Arts Department offers a comprehensive two-year Music Studies program for vocal and instrumental students. It is approved for transfer to the University of Oregon School of Music, Western Oregon University, and to liberal arts and education programs at most four-year colleges and universities. UCC also offers an associate of science degree in music which is articulated with Southern Oregon University.
UCC’s award-winning performance groups include choir, band and orchestra, with groups specializing in both jazz and classical music. Additional classes are offered in jazz improvisation, music technology, jazz history, rock history, and world music.
- Classes are driven by a performance-oriented curriculum
- Participate in choral, instrumental, and musical theater performances
- Provides unique travel and cultural exposure opportunities
- Rehearse and perform in our over 1000-seat auditorium, indoor stage, and outdoor amphitheater
- Learn from faculty who are working professionals
- Seamlessly transfer to SOU Music program as a Junior
Degrees & Certificates
Watch this short video about alum Erin Gilley and how her UCC education led her to a music teaching career.
More program info
Program description, outcomes and requirements are located in the Course Catalog.