Criminal Justice: Police Reserve Academy
Learn about public safety, survivability skills, defensive tactics, adult and juvenile law, emergency vehicle operations, crime prevention, handgun training and more with this Oregon state recognized non-credit training certificate.
The Academy is conducted with the Douglas County Sheriff’s Office, Roseburg, Winston, Sutherlin, and Myrtle Creek Police Departments, and Oregon State Police.
Our instructors are local criminal justice professionals recruited to provide knowledge in their areas of expertise. Classes cover areas of physical training, academic subjects, and practical hands-on training.
- Get your Police Reserve Academy Certificate in just 9 months
- Grant covers up to 100% of tuition
- Earn up to 6 credits towards a degree in Criminal Justice
- Classes taught by an industry professional
- 10 times more likely succeed in becoming an officer and in your career
- Gain competence with high-demand industry skills
- Career ready for jobs in high-demand positions
Next application date: summer 2024
Grants available that cover up to 100% Tuition
The Police Reserve Academy has a number of employers who have generously offered to sponsor Police Reserve Academy cadets. Take a look at our sponsors:
- Douglas County Sheriff’s Office
- Cow Creek Band of Umpqua Tribe of Indians
- City of Myrtle Creek Police Department
- City of Sutherlin Police Department
- City of Winston Police Department
Other funding opportunities include workforce funding, for those that qualify. Flexible payment options are also available.
"I love that I am able to help improve my community through the work I do as a Parole & Probation Officer."Angela GarciaAdult Parole & Probation Officer, State of Oregon Department of CorrectionsLearn More