Expanded Options: Counselor Information

The Expanded Options Program (EOP) was created in 2005 through Senate Bill 300 (SB 300) to provide students with additional options to continue or complete their education and to allow them to earn concurrent high school and college credits through Oregon’s community colleges and universities.

If accepted into the program, students take classes through Umpqua Community College and the student’s sponsoring high school covers the cost of tuition and fees. To be eligible to apply, the student must be:

  • 16 years of age or older at the time of enrollment and in grade 11 or 12
  • Currently enrolled in high school
  • On track to complete course requirements for graduation

Students are directed to contact their high school counselor for approval.  Some high schools in the area have a waiver and do not participate in the program. Umpqua Community College’s EOP works with the following high schools: Baker Charter, Camas Valley, Douglas, Glide, Elkton, North Douglas, Oakland, Oregon Virtual Academy, Phoenix, Riddle, South Umpqua, and Yoncalla.

Steps to sign up students in EOP

The student applies for admissions and selects dual credit. The new student receives a College ID number (800xxxxxx) that high school staff needs to complete the next steps.

High school counselor or assigned staff member fills out the UCC EOP Google Docs Authorization Form. If you do not have this, please contact us at the number below. This step shows that the high school authorizes the student taking the courses and will cover the designated expenses. UCC will take the information and change the student’s coding to EOP, allowing them to register, as well as produce the bill to the school for the authorized charges.

  • Student must take any necessary placement tests and the online orientation to UCC.
  • Student must register for the course through online registration or in person at the Welcome Center.
  • Student should purchase books. Some high schools cover this expense, and others do not.
  • Student follows all class deadlines as described on the Academic Calendar.
  • If the school would like a transcript at the conclusion of the term, the student should request one to be sent via their Self Service Banner account.


High School Connections