TRIO - Upward Bound
Our primary goal is to help high school students plan and prepare for college. Connect with a close-knit group and establish your support system to help you reach your goals. Receive free academic support and career counseling.
Attend a 6-week summer academy at UCC and monthly seminars at the high school. The first week of our summer academy includes team building in an outdoor setting. The remaining five weeks include instruction in math, laboratory science, composition, literature, and foreign language.
$312,480 per year is provided through federal funding to help students develop academic skills, study habits, career plans, and learn how to be successful.
✔ Weekly Academic assistance
✔ Monthly seminars
✔ A 6-week summer academic program*
✔ Trips to college campuses and cultural events
* includes a summer camp experience and end of year trip
- Free tutoring in high school subjects (face-to-face or online tutoring)
- SAT/ACT preparation (we pay the fees)
- Career counseling and exploration
- College planning and exploration
- College application assistance (we pay the fees)
- Financial Literacy – FAFSA and scholarship assistance
- Varied monthly services
- Financial literacy
- College and career exploration
- Community service and volunteering opportunities
- Guest speakers
- Monthly seminars
- Connect to TRIO programs at the college level as available
- Up to $40 per month stipend during the academic year and up to $60 per month during the summer academic program (June and July)
- Paid summer work-study opportunities (up to $300)
- Up to 12 free credits (tuition) at UCC for a summer academy (we pay for books and fees in summer,) or fall classes (tuition only,) following graduation from high school.
- Community service and volunteer opportunities
You can qualify if you are a:
- First-generation college student, low-income
- High school student between ages 13 and 19
- Attend one of the following schools in 9th, 10th or 11th grade: Roseburg High School, Douglas High School and South Umpqua High School
We are here for you at the high school campuses.
Call, text or email
Upward Bound is a Federally funded college preparatory program that offers assistance to high school students that are either low-income or who would be first-generation college graduates. We serve over 60 students each year.
Download printable application.